Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Grandma's been canning again!


 
Mmmm, oven roasted peppers, garlic and onions.
 
 

With Tom and Michelle's wedding behind us, I have gotten back into the swing of things with some  canning and organizing. Over this past weekend I canned some roasted peppers, onions and garlic in olive oil and lemon juice.

I also canned some bell pepper and garlic jelly
 
 
I found a Youtube video of a gal making pineapple jam so I wrote down the recipe and gave it a try.  It was so fabulous that I made a second double batch as I know this will be a new family favorite.
 
I also made a double batch of lemon ginger jelly which turned out fabulous!   I have Audra all day tomorrow and then I have to get ready for Sherri's visit so I'll have to put my canners away for awhile.
 
 (The photo above is some turkey chili sans beans that I made on Sunday.  I put up 6 quarts of it and we also had it for dinner.  It was so good)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.